Hi, I'm Marnie and I'm a mixed media artist from Hampshire. My work currently focuses on the experience of the body, this often includes exploring "flesh" as material and looking at the processes within the body. I work predominantly through mixed media soft sculpture and writing.
Throughout my practice, I enjoy learning new skills and how to make things from scratch. This has resulted in using techniques such as woodwork, papermaking, natural dying, punch needlework, weaving, felting, sewing knitting, ceramics, upholstery and more. For me, the learning process and the time and effort that goes into the work are as essential as the finished piece itself. It means that as the artwork grows, so do I as an artist.
Having studied Fine Art at Cardiff School of Art and Design, I am now back in Hampshire working as a full-time Artist. For any enquiries about my work don't hesitate to ask, you can contact me via email (preferred) or Instagram.
- Petersfield Arts and Crafts Exhibition- Betty Haggard Sculpture Award- 23rd August 2022
- Gallery No.30- "HUMAN. Flesh and Narrative" Exhibition- 25th June- 31st July 2022
- Gallery No. 30- displaying "Meat Chair" and other "Flesh Objects" pieces- January- February 2022
- STOA Collective- "Catalyst" online exhibition- 16th March 2021
- The Student Gallery- April 2021 Publication
- Radio Talk with Pitch Radio/ Radio Cardiff- 10th June 2021-
- Finale 2021 Show Artist Talk- 16th June 2021
- TSDAP- July 2021 publication
- STOA Talk- on Instagram- 7th July 2021-
- First Class Honours at Cardiff School of Art and Design- September 2018- June 2021
- Helen Gregory Award Scholarship- 2020
- The Alton Decorative and Fine Art’s Society Scholarship for Excellence in Art- 2018