Hi, I'm Marnie and I'm a mixed media artist from Hampshire. My work currently focuses on the experience of the body, but occasionally I like to work through other interests such as landscape and costume. Recently I have been exploring the idea of "flesh" through sculpture and writing, which is best seen in my "Flesh Objects" piece.
Throughout my practice, I enjoy learning new skills and techniques which is why I like to make everything from scratch. Previously I worked with painting and drawing, however through the sculptural process I have expanded my skills to include woodwork, papermaking, natural dying, punch needlework, weaving, felting, sewing knitting, ceramics, and upholstery... to name a few. For me, the learning process and the time and effort that goes into the work is as essential as the finished piece itself. It means that as the artwork grows, so do I as an artist.
Having studied Fine Art at Cardiff School of Art and Design, I am now back in Hampshire working as a full-time Artist. For any enquiries about my work don't hesitate to ask, you can contact me via email (preferred) or Instagram.
- Gallery No. 30- January- February 2022
- STOA Collective- "Catalyst" online exhibition- 16th March 2021
- The Student Gallery- April 2021 Publication
- Radio Talk with Pitch Radio/ Radio Cardiff- 10th June 2021-
- Finale 2021 Show Artist Talk- 16th June 2021
- TSDAP- July 2021 publication
- STOA Talk- on Instagram- 7th July 2021-
- First Class Honours at Cardiff School of Art and Design- September 2018- June 2021